Driver CPC Training
Our Driver CPC training courses are relevant and industry specific. We offer discounts on multiple bookings, For more information or to make a booking contact us on: 020 8611 2542 ( opt 3 ), or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
QDL Training offer a variety of Driver CPC courses based at our training venue 120 Beddington Lane, Croydon. We have 8 to choose from. Please see details below:
DCPC Training Courses We Offer:
This driver cpc training course is designed to to highlight drivers’ responsibilities under drivers’ hours legislation and provide practical experience of working with digital equipment.
- EU drivers hours rules and working time regulations
- Use of recording equipment
- Domestic regulations and record keeping requirements
- Enforcement practices and procedures
- Penalties for non-compliance in relation to both driver and operator
- Tachograph Rules
- Tachograph record keeping
- Tachograph compliance and penalties
- Digital Tachographs
- Driver card and data storage
- Manual entries
Emergency First Aid at Work
The First aid at work training course is designed to enable people to carry out appropriate first aid in an emergency situation at work.
- Incident management
- Management of the Unconscious Casualty
- Control of bleeding
- Management of burns
- Head Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- How to recognise and Treat Common Medical Conditions
- Contents of First Aid Boxes
- Demonstrate Safe Use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Staying Legal is essential training for all HGV commercial drivers, regardless of the area of operation, which will raise the levels of knowledge to enhance awareness of the levels of compliance that is required for both the driver and operator. Vocational HGV drivers have a higher responsibility than normal licence holders, by driving for commercial purposes: therefore they are required to drive professionally, in a roadworthy vehicle, in full compliance with the law.
- How to be compliant when operating HGV’s
- Understand the legal requirements when operating commercially
- The need for legal, roadworthy and compliant vehicles
- Enforcement agencies that will conduct roadside and site compliance checks
- Initiatives and schemes to enforce and enhance overall compliance
Truck Smart driver cpc training is a TFL & FORS accredited dcpc course. With a supporting toolkit for Fleet Managers equipping them with the knowledge and skills to operate and manage safe and roadworthy vehicles.
Truck Smart focuses on the importance of driving roadworthy HGVs and the role of the driver in ensuring that vehicles and loads are safe and legal at all times. Alongside Truck Smart driver training, there is an eLearning module. The accompanying Truck Smart Fleet Manager Toolkit provides tools, guidance and resources for managers looking to develop and implement a HGV safety system within their organisation.
- Know it: a safe vehicle matters
- Check it: walk around before, during and after journeys
- Load it: plan and position your load safely
- Secure it: secure your load correctly
- Report it: record problems and take action
This driver cpc training course has been developed in partnership with Highways England, to support the logistics industry and engage with drivers on the benefits of using Smart motorway systems. Congestion on the motorway and major road network in England costs an estimated £2 billion every year, with 25 per cent of this resulting from incidents. Smart motorways are a technology-driven approach to the use of our motorways. One of the core aims of this course is to review and improve driving behaviour using defensive driving principles and compliance with motorway signs, signals, speed limits, red X markings and use of the hard shoulder.
Who Should Attentd?
- Large goods vehicle drivers
- Light commercial vehicle drivers
- Types of Smart motorway
- Design features of Smart motorways
- The technology and different signs and signals used on Smart motorways
- Driving behaviour
- Rating driving standards and evaluating road risk
- Personal factors affecting driver behaviour
- Road risks and how Smart motorways can improve safety
- The roles and responsibilities of Highways England and the Traffic Officers
LoCITY Driving is a TFL & FORS accredited DCPC course. This course focuses on minimising the environmental impact of vans and HGVs by reducing emissions through the use of pre-journey planning and vehicle checks, fuel-efficient driving, and alternative fuels. The seven-hour CPC-accredited course which is aimed at drivers and transport managers gives attendees the knowledge and skills needed to cut costs and minimise the environmental impact of fleet operations.
- The relationship between driving style, fuel consumption and environmental impact
- How regular maintenance and vehicle checks can cut costs and emissions
- Fuel efficient driving techniques
- Use of in-vehicle technology to improve fuel economy
- Benefits of journey planning
- Alternative fuels in commercial vehicles
Safe Urban Driving
Looking out for vulnerable road users. A one-day course providing information and techniques to operate safely on busy urban roads. An increase in population across cities and towns in the UK adds to the challenges and hazards of driving. To help improve road safety, SUD focuses on understanding how vulnerable road users behave and giving drivers a first hand experience of being a VRU.
In the Classroom:
- How and why roads are changing to accommodate active travel, such as walking and cycling
- Who vulnerable road users are, and how they interact with traffic
- How to share the road safely
- Use and limitations of supplementary vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
On the Road (cycling):
- Demonstrate control of a bike
- Demonstrate where to ride on the road and the use and limitations of cycle infrastructure
- Tackle challenging roads and traffic situations
- Demonstrate how and when to pass queuing traffic
- Identify and react to hazardous road surfaces
Van Smart is a Transport for London (TfL) backed driver training programme that aims to reduce work related road risks, improve safety and create long-term behavioural change in the van sector. A fully accredited driver CPC modular training course for van drivers comprising of both the theory and practical (on-bike) modules.
- A Driver Handbook – covering everything a van driver needs to know about how to be a safe, professional and courteous driver. This handbook is the takeaway from the Van Smart driver training course
- A Toolkit for Managers – essentially a ‘How to’ guide for fleet operators and transport managers to help implement the Van Smart programme. The toolkit includes guidance on recruiting safety-minded staff, improving driving standards and running internal safety campaigns. It also includes Van Smart tools such as toolbox talks and awareness posters
- A Competency Framework – this underpins the whole programme and defines what competencies van drivers need to have, what they need to do, and when and what behaviours they should demonstrate
- Toolbox Talks – six driver briefings that promote informal discussion with the workforce. Each one focuses on a particular safety issue and mirror the key messages of the Van Smart training programme
- Poster Set – a series of posters that visually communicate the six key messages of the Van Smart training programme