QDL Training Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) training courses are relevant and industry specific. We offer discounts on multiple bookings. For more information or to make a booking contact us on: 020 8611 2542 ( option 3 ), or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
QDL Training offer a variety of Driver CPC courses based at our training venue, 120 Beddington Lane, Croydon.
We have seven to choose from. Please see details below:
DCPC Training Courses We Offer:
Drivers Hours & WTD
This driver CPC training course is designed to to highlight drivers’ responsibilities under drivers’ hours legislation and provide practical experience of working with digital equipment.
- EU drivers hours rules and working time regulations
- Use of recording equipment
- Domestic regulations and record keeping requirements
- Enforcement practices and procedures
- Penalties for non-compliance in relation to both driver and operator
- Tachograph Rules
- Tachograph record keeping
- Tachograph compliance and penalties
- Digital Tachographs
- Driver card and data storage
- Manual entries
Emergency First Aid at Work (Highfields accreditation Level 3)
The First aid at work CPC training course is designed to enable people to carry out appropriate first aid in an emergency situation at work.
- Incident management
- Management of the Unconscious Casualty
- Control of bleeding
- Management of burns
- Head Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- How to recognise and Treat Common Medical Conditions
- Contents of First Aid Boxes
- Demonstrate Safe Use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Quality Driver is our new CPC course which gives you the complete package written by Drivers for Drivers! This course captures the most relevant topics a professional driver should / must know. We excellent reviews we are extremely proud of this course!
- Driver Qualities / Driving Standards
- Driver Handbook / Company Manual
- Vehicle Maintenance / PMI’s
- Vehicle Checks & Defect Reporting
- Vehicle & Load Security
- Routing & Scheduling
- In Cab Technology
- Safe & Fuel Efficient Driving
- Environmental Issues
- Highway Code / Motorways
- Mirrors / Blind Spots / Vulnerable Road Users
- Staying Legal / Speed Awareness
- Fines & Infringements
- Drivers Hours & WTD
- Driver Health & Well Being
- Health & Safety / Emergency First Aid
- Incident Reporting / Collision Management
- Complaints / Risk Assessments
- Industry Compliance / Regulations
- Training & Development / CPD
QDL Truck Smart
This CPC training is a engaging and fun course with 2x exciting practical exercises included!
QDL Trucksmart focuses on the importance of driving roadworthy HGVs and the role of the driver in ensuring that vehicles and loads are safe and legal at all times. QDL Truck Smart focuses on the importance of driving roadworthy LGVs and the role of the driver in ensuring that vehicles and loads are safe and legal at all times. QDL provides tools, guidance and resources for managers and drivers looking to develop and implement a LGV safety system within their organisation.
● Load Safety – Plan and position your load safely, secure your load correctly
● Vehicle Checks- before, during and after journeys – recording and reporting
This driver cpc training course has been developed in partnership with Highways England, to support the logistics industry and engage with drivers on the benefits of using Smart motorway systems. Congestion on the motorway and major road network in England costs an estimated £2 billion every year, with 25 per cent of this resulting from incidents. Smart motorways are a technology-driven approach to the use of our motorways. One of the core aims of this course is to review and improve driving behaviour using defensive driving principles and compliance with motorway signs, signals, speed limits, red X markings and use of the hard shoulder.
Who Should Attentd?
- Large goods vehicle drivers
- Light commercial vehicle drivers
- Types of Smart motorway
- Design features of Smart motorways
- The technology and different signs and signals used on Smart motorways
- Driving behaviour
- Rating driving standards and evaluating road risk
- Personal factors affecting driver behaviour
- Road risks and how Smart motorways can improve safety
- The roles and responsibilities of Highways England and the Traffic Officers
LoCITY Driving is a TFL & FORS accredited DCPC course. This course focuses on minimising the environmental impact of vans and HGVs by reducing emissions through the use of pre-journey planning and vehicle checks, fuel-efficient driving, and alternative fuels. The seven-hour CPC-accredited course which is aimed at drivers and transport managers gives attendees the knowledge and skills needed to cut costs and minimise the environmental impact of fleet operations.
- The relationship between driving style, fuel consumption and environmental impact
- How regular maintenance and vehicle checks can cut costs and emissions
- Fuel efficient driving techniques
- Use of in-vehicle technology to improve fuel economy
- Benefits of journey planning
- Alternative fuels in commercial vehicles
QDL Safe Urban Driving (SUD)
This unique course especially written by ourselves to include up to date and relevant information is also TfL / FORS accredited (for Silver applications). Looking out for vulnerable road users. A one-day course providing information and techniques to operate safely on busy urban roads. An increase in population across cities and towns in the UK adds to the challenges and hazards of driving. To help improve road safety, SUD focuses on understanding how vulnerable road users behave and giving drivers a first hand experience of being a VRU.
In the Classroom:
- How and why roads are changing to accommodate active travel, such as walking and cycling
- Who vulnerable road users are, and how they interact with traffic
- How to share the road safely
- Use and limitations of supplementary vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
On the Road (cycling):
- Demonstrate control of a bike
- Demonstrate where to ride on the road and the use and limitations of cycle infrastructure
- Tackle challenging roads and traffic situations
- Demonstrate how and when to pass queuing traffic
- Identify and react to hazardous road surfaces