At QDL, as well as offering Driver CPC training we also offer a wide variety of different training services – take a look at the list below.
- ALLMI Lorry Loader Operator & Slinger Signaler Training
- FORKLIFT Training – Counterbalance ( RTITB ) – other courses available.
- TRANSPORT MANAGER Refresher Training ( OLAT )
- FIRST AID AT WORK Training ( 3 day course, FIAB certificated for 3 years )
- FIRE WARDEN / MARSHAL Training
- MANUAL HANDLING Training
- BANKSMAN Training
- SITE MANAGEMENT SAFETY TRAINING SCHEME ( SMSTS )
- PASSENGER ASSISTANT TRAINING SCHEME ( PATS )
- DRIVER ASSESSMENT Training ( SAFED )
- QDL – ON THE JOB MENTORING ( Unique, Tailored & Specific Training )
- REFRESHER TRAINING Full range of Industry related topics to choose from ( available on request )
- BESPOKE DRIVER CPC TRAINING Taylored & specific to Companies needs ( contact us for more details )
Our training courses are specifically designed to apply our focus on ‘Quality’ in every aspect. By applying our experience, unique insights and current industry standards we are able to provide training packages that are relevant and most of all practical. From our Instructors to our facilities, you will find our training to be of a 5 Star Standard.
This course is designed to give guidance to transport professionals at any level to progress an active role in ensuring legal compliance within their transport operation. The course provides an overview of the operator licensing system and details the fundamental undertakings, responsibilities and obligations that apply to operators.
- Industry Regulations
- Operator Licence Undertakings
- Drivers Hours’ & Tachographs
- Vehicle Roadworthiness
- Traffic Enforcement
- Speed & Convictions
- Records Maintenance
- Operator Compliance Risk Score
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wishes to update their transport legislation knowledge to the latest standards
- Those who are committing to improving their continued professional development as a transport professional
- Operators who are advised to complete refresher training at the direction of a Traffic Commissioner
Benefits of attending
- Provides information and tools to ensure you are up to-date with the current road transport legislation
- Provides peace of mind that you are operating legally in compliance with the latest guidance from Traffic Commissioners
- Gives the opportunity to network with other industry professionals; sharing ideas and best practice
ALLMI’s objectives with regard to training are:
- To ensure that standards and qualifications for all instructors are in place, consistent and maintained.
- To ensure that all operators receive sufficient quality of training to be able to operate a lorry loader in a safe and efficient manner.
- To offer a competitive and nationally recognised training programme for instructors and operators of lorry loaders.
The ALLMI training programme is designed to meet employers’ and employees’ responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, as well as the requirements of all other legislation relating to the operation of lorry loaders.
Our Allmi Lorry Loader Training is held at our training center in Croydon.
With no experience you would need to attend a novice course which is done over 2 days.
- 1 Day Experienced / Refresher training
- 2 Day Novice training
Day 1 is 9hrs - 8am to 5pm
Day 2 is 8hrs - 8am to 4pm ( can include a total of 14hrs (2days) of DCPC
We can also do weekend days. You will take the test on our training vehicle which has a 20t per meter, rear mounted Palfinger crane. Attachments include Hook, Brick Grab and Remote Control.
£175 + vat ( per individual) per day ( Plus, compulsory Allmi Operator's Manual at: £33.75 )
£350 + vat, per day ( up to 3 candidates )
Our Forklift Training is held at our training center in Croydon. Our first class facilities, competitive pricing and quality service means that you’ll find it difficult to find a better solution. We don’t just train, we enhance.
Types Of Training:
- Novice Course - From 3-5 Days
- Experienced Driver Course - From 2-3 Days
- Refresher Training - 1 Day
- Conversion Training - 1 Day
By the end of the course, learners will be able to carry out a pre-shift inspection and operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice. They will also be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking, and understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
We will also ensure they have a thorough understanding of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation.
During the course the learners will be encouraged to participate in practical demonstrations and exercises, as well as explanatory theory lessons which will be supported with power point presentations and DVDs covering:
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Components and main types of lift trucks
- Re-fuelling systems
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Emergency controls
- Driving on / off ramps
Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and awkwardly shaped loads